|Home||» Products||» Fruit Powder||» Lemon Juice Powder|
Lemon Juice Powder
Product Code : FD 04
Brand Name : GCT NATURES PRODUCTS
TRADITIONAL USES AND BENEFITS OF LEMON
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C which helps the body to fight off infections and also to prevent or treat scurvy.
- Lemon has an alkaline effect in the human body, despite the high acid content, once it has been sufficiently digested in the stomach it tends to alkalinize.
- Lemon peel is carminative and stomachic.
- Essential oil from the rind is strongly rubefacient and when taken internally in small doses has stimulating and carminative properties.
- Antiseptic property of the volatile oil and its bactericidal effects are also beneficial in the treatment of many disease states affecting the body such as athlete’s foot, stings and bites of insects, as well as ringworm, sunburn, and warts on the skin.
- Essential oil from the fruit rind is used in aromatherapy as massage and oil.
- Lemon juice is wieldy regarded as a diuretic, antiscorbutic, astringent and febrifuge in traditional medicines.
- Lemon juice is used to relive gingivitis, stomatitis and inflammation of the tongue, sore throat gargle and common colds and flu and as a laxative.
- Prolonged daily used of lemon juice has been reported to erode the enamel of the teeth.
- Lemon juice with honey or salt or ginger is taken as a cold remedy.
- Lemon juice is also a good antiperiodic and has been used as a substitute for quinine in treating malaria and other fevers.